Instructions After Extractions
Post Op Instruction After Extractions
- Do not scratch, chew, suck or rub the lips, tongue, or cheek while they feel numb or asleep. The child should be watched closely so he/she does not injure his/her lip, or cheek before the anesthesia wears off.
- Do not rinse the mouth for several hours.
- Do not drink a carbonated beverage (Coke, Sprite etc.) for the remainder of the day.
- Do not drink through a straw.
- Keep fingers and tongue away from the extraction area.
- Bleeding – Some bleeding is to be expected. If unusual or sustained bleeding occurs, place cotton gauze firmly over the extraction area and bite down or hold in place for fifteen minutes. This can also be accomplished with a tea bag. Repeat if necessary.
- Maintain a soft diet for 1-2 days, or until the child feels comfortable eating normally again.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or physical activity for several hours after extraction.
- Pain – For discomfort use Children’s Tylenol, Advil, and Motrin as directed for age of the child. If medicine was prescribed, then follows the directions on the bottle.
Download Printable PDF Instructions Here
Meet Our Doctors
Our pediatric specialists and staff love children and are specially trained to put them at ease. We teach your children the proper way to take care of their teeth; but just as important, they learn that going to the dentist can be fun.
We Love Hearing From Our Patients
Positive Feedback & Testimonials
Lovely people here, they are so nice and very patient with the kids. They make sure to interact with them and make them laugh. Kandice I believe her name was she is very sweet she made sure my son was comfortable while brushing his teeth and I love that. 100% recommend, moms bring your babies you will love it and enjoy the service here.
Best Children’s dentist possibly in the Houston area. My kids love going with him he makes visits so much easier. Dr Helson is very knowledgeable, honest kind, funny and never have had any issues with the work or treatment he has performed. All the staff is very accommodating and nice. In our last visit Marcos went above and beyond to help us and make us feel at ease.
Our son did amazing at the dentist. This is a proud moment for us as parents. After he cried all the way there, we finally calmed him down. The girls were amazing & made him feel safe. The doctor also treated him with care and love. Everywhere, relationships matter. He will forever remember his 1st big boy dentist experience.
This was an awesome experience….the office was very professional and the procedure was completed by Dr. Goolla and Marco quicker than I expected. They talked him through the procedure and kept him comfortable throughout and he went through this with flying colors. We received a thorough explanation after it was over and I was very impressed with their service. Would definitely recommend for children.
Such a cute environment! Receptionist were very friendly, Selena made our visit very thorough and special! very quick service! We found the perfect dentist for our little one.